Okay, so this definitely is not a “skinny” recipe. But, I do know from the amount of hassle Jon and I went through to make this casserole happen means that someone’s gotta put an easier gluten-free broccoli casserole on the internet. We got the recipe from his step-mom, but held off making it for a long time because, have you ever tried to find gluten-free cream of ANYTHING soup? Yeah, it’s not easy. But, Progresso finally made a gluten-free creamy mushroom soup. “Vegetable Classics Gluten-Free Creamy Mushroom Soup.” You know you have the right one if the can has a little yellow flag that says “Gluten-Free.”
Anyway, here it is. The easiest dang gluten-free broccoli cheddar casserole you’ll ever make.
For those of you just tuning in, I’m not a food blogger. So, if you want pretty pictures and the-least-attractive-foods-ever displayed like works of art, I recommend you head over here (I love her). If you want a broccoli cheddar casserole free of gluten so you don’t kill the person whose gluten intolerance you’re cooking for, keep reading.
- 2 10-oz packages frozen chopped broccoli, prepared according to package instructions
- 10 oz can Vegetable Classics Gluten-Free Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 c. mayonnaise (light)
- 1/4 chopped white onion
- 2 c. grated cheddar cheese (2%)
- Prepare chopped broccoli according to the instructions on the package.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut onion into quarters and peel. Chop 1/4 of onion.
- Combine cooked broccoli, 10 oz of mushroom soup, 2 eggs, 2/3 c. light mayonnaise, 1 c. cheddar cheese, and chopped onion. Mix well.
- Pour casserole mixture into a 1 1/2 quart greased casserole dish.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top.
- Cook in oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven. If you would like your casserole a little spongier, replace in oven to cook for about 5 minutes.